Meet our Multicultural Congregations Ministries Strategic Readiness Team (SRT)
The Multicultural Congregations Strategic Readiness Team, led by facilitator Rev. Junior Sorzano, meets annually to pray, plan and strategize for Multicultural Congregations in the USA/Canada. The team is comprised of pastors of Multicultural Congregations that have been approved by their District Superintendent and the Multicultural Ministries Director. Click here to contact the team facilitator.
Mission & Strategic Plan of Action
Multicultural Congregations Ministries exists to:
- Support districts, pastors, local churches, and leaders in the task of making Christlike disciples among Multicultural Congregations groups in the U.S. and Canada.
- Encourage the development of strategy, initiative, and resources to reach the USA/Canada mission field through the visionary leadership of a Multicultural Congregations Mission Facilitator.
- Facilitate the creation of resources for pastors, local congregations, and for ministerial preparation for those with a multicultural congregation
Here’s our strategic plan of action:
- Compile a resource book for multicultural congregation.
- Develop module material in Cross Cultural Training
- Develop Lay Training material in Cross Cultural ministry
- By 2020 Establish 100 New multi-ethnic congregations by identifying and targeting specific areas where the church of the Nazarene needs a presence
MULTICULTURAL CONGREGATIONS MINISTRIES 2020
16,420 Total Members
11,221 Average Worship AttendanceClick here for more statistics from cultural group reports.
Community Mosaics: Competencies for Multicultural Ministry by Susan B. Carole