What is Church Planting?
Starting a new church is the single best method of evangelism. We subscribe to the motto "All kinds of churches for all kinds of people," and have arranged our resources accordingly.
It is our desire to see people come to God. New churches are 100% outreach, with very few barriers to visitors. A new, culturally specific or affinity-group church can make in-roads into a group that the sponsor church never could. Just as new believers bring new spirit and life to an existing congregation, new churches breathe new life into our denomination.
We welcome you to explore the church planting resources we have gathered here.
- Pathway to Planting
- Parent Affiliated Congregations
- Church planting training events
- Church Planting Essentials
- Churches Planting Churches
- Becoming a Mentor
- Church Planting Movements
- Church planter assessment
- Online pre-assessment
- Assessment Centers
- Nazarene Building Professionals
- Membership application
- Contacting NBP
- NewStart archives
- View our many archived NewStart resources
- Register a New Church
- Partner: Dynamic Church Planting International
- Partner: New Church Specialties
Introduction to church planting by Dr. Bill Wiesman, Director of New Church Development.