WHY PLANT NEW CHURCHES?
Starting a new church is the single best method of evangelism. We subscribe to the motto "All kinds of churches for all kinds of people," and have arranged our resources accordingly.
It is our desire to see people come to God. New churches are nearly 100% outreach, with very few barriers to visitors. A new, culturally specific or affinity-group church can make in-roads into a group that the sponsor church never could. Just as new believers bring new spirit and life to an existing congregation, new churches breathe new life into our denomination.
We welcome you to explore the church planting resources we have gathered here.
Introduction to Church Planting by Dr. Bill Wiesman, Director of Evangelism Ministries & New Church Development
- A Theological Foundation for One People
- Priority of People Over Property
- Your Role as Pastor
- A District Superintendent's Perspective
- High Power Distance and Low Power Distance Cultures
- Sample Phases for Implementing the Model
- A Preface to the Statement of Understanding
- Statement of Understanding
- Visit the Organic Church website
- Take the online Organic Church traning course on The Discipleship Place
- Church Planting Essentials
- Churches Planting Churches
- Mentoring Church Planters
- Church Planting Movements
- New Church Dynamics
- Online Pre-Assessment
- Assessment Centers
- Membership application
- Contacting NBP
View our many archived NewStart resources