Compassionate Ministry Centers are non-profit organizations meeting the needs of the under-resourced on the USA/Canada Region. (see steps to register below)
There are several steps to becoming a Nazarene Compassionate Ministry Center.
Steps to Register Your Ministry as a CMC
Send each of the following to our office by email: email@example.com
Download the 3 forms: CMC Application, CMC Information Form, and CMC District Approval Form.
Requires signatures of Executive Director and Board Chairperson. Send with 3 accompanying documents:
1) Approved Bylaws,
2) Approved Articles of Incorporation,
3) Federal Tax-Exempt Certification
CMC District Approval Form
Requires signatures of Secretary of the District Advisory Board and the District Superintendent.
Email all 3 documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Becoming a Nonprofit
- Shields the church from liability.
- Greater potential for the wider community to become involved.
- Greater access to government, foundation, and donor monies.
Benefits of Registering as a CMC
- Invites greater funding participation from Nazarene churches as a 10% Mission Special.
- Access to events and opportunities created for CMCs.
- Your CMC included in USA/Canada Region’s online, searchable database at http://findacmc.nazarene.org/
Starting a Compassionate Ministry Center
These documents provide advice for formulating your ministry
12-Steps to Starting a Compassionate Ministry Center